favorite this post QUIET Cottage/House/Mobile needed A.S.A.P. (Vancouver Island) hide this posting unhide


MYSELF: Reliable, honest, responsible, NS, NP, ND, quiet, handy (renos, electrical & affordable maintenance). 16 years on Coast while working from home: P/T professional patent writing business. In Gibsons cottage ~ 10 years, but landlords children moved back in. Staying in Powell River at present, but am willing to travel to view the right situation. Great References. No parties. Reliable rent payer.

LOCATION: Am seriously considering housing on Vancouver Island, but Lower Coast preferred, just not in townships of Gibsons or Sechelt. No trailer parks, apartments or basement suites please.

SITUATION: Need self-contained 1-2 BR dwelling, a QUIET place where I can work from home. (cottage, sml hse, mobile) It must have room for an office, and while I might need to keep some of my stuff in storage, I would prefer enough room for a storage/workshop area (bsmt or garage or shed or barn). I also have a shortened portable car shelter that I hope to continue to use to protect and maintain my small classic truck. Must have reliable full service internet.

RENT: ~$800-1400+/mo, depending on suitability and location and nearby amenities. Long term lease possible.


I would rent an entire house (3BR+, $1800-$2k/mo) and sublet room and share parts with a working trustworthy compatible individual. They would need to be responsible, honest, reliable: i.e. reasonably tidy and able to pay rent and share of utilities on time. If I’m going to propose this kind of sublet arrangement to a new landlord, it would be prudent to meet first and arrange the details before a potential accommodation is selected.

MOBILE on unused private LAND:
Do you have any quiet, unused space on your property, with room for a mobile home, but just need water and power hookups? I could assist in organizing and maybe paying for hookup installation and would provide my own mobile. I would then pay my utilities and rent the space to help supplement your income.

I could be willing to help refurbish an unused structure to create a rentable situation, as long as it will be for the long haul, and certainly not for a winter only accommodation. Ideally seeking someone who owns their property or still paying mortgage, maybe is retired, and needs rental income to help supplement taxes/payments and who has a second fixable structure (barn, large shed, cottage, etc. that could be converted or upgraded to a dwelling with some renovation) and who would rather have a long term reliable tenant who might also help maintain their property if needed.

Please circulate, copy, email this to anyone who might be able to provide most of what I’m seeking. Thx

REWARD: $200 for any person who finds me the kind of situation I’m seeking, paid when I move in.
  • do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

post id: 6862438996


best of [?]